The Customer Portal allows your Customers to log in to their accounts to pay bills, view pending Tickets, confirm historical usage and more! However modern web browsers will flag your website as insecure without an externally authenticated SSL Certificate. This SSL Certificate may also be used for the Employee Portal to prevent the same warnings internally.
How To Obtain an SSL Certificate
You can acquire an SSL Certificate from a Certificate Authority. These companies are also often domain or hosting providers like GoDaddy. Others like LetsEncrypt offer only SSL Certification services.The Powercode Billing server uses an Apache ssl certificate, and https if your domain provider requests a protocol.
Certificate Providers that do not use another form of authentication will require that you generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and a private key file.
Generate your CSR and Key
You will need to know the following information:
- Country Name: 2 letter code
- State or Province Name: Full name
- Locality Name: City name
- Organization Name: Company name
- Organizational Unit Name: Section or department (Engineering, Sales, etc)
- Common Name: Your server’s domain name. IF INCORRECT CERTIFICATE WILL NEED TO BE REBUILT
- Email Address
To request an SSL Certificate installation from Powercode Support please send the following to email@example.com
- Any certificate files: certificate providers may provide a zip file, or any number of files as part of your certificate.
- Your newPrivateKey.key file path
Many Certificate providers have custom certificate installation processes. If this is the case with your provider Powercode Support may have followup questions. If not Powercode Support can generally install an SSL Certificate within two business days of submission.